Featured Posts

(T1B2) Crafting Fun

This summer I was very interested in photo editing and using ebay to sell my crafts. I found this really useful book that went over al...

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

(T1B35) Chemistry

My science fair project has a lot of chemistry... I have to understand this:


"The active ingredient in the Indicator Solution is Sulphide anions (S–). When mixed with water, reacts with lead cations (Pb++) to produce a distinctive brownish-black color. The chemical equation is as follows:
Na2S + H2O + Pb++ > PbS + Na+ + OH- + H2S

~
Sodium Sulphide mixed with water and lead produces lead sulphide (PbS). Bi- products in reaction include hydrogen sulfide H2S gas, sodium ions (Na+) and hydroxide ions (OH-)
Balanced equation: 2Na2S + 2H2O + Pb++ > PbS + 4Na+ + 2OH- + H2S"




I'm pretty sure that I'm screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment